Recently I published a new Joomla 1.5 module for the Google +1 Button. Here now the same module for the all new Joomla 1.6. Integrate the button on your Joomla website without working in the code or change anything in the template.
Joomla 1.6, Version 1.1, released June 10 2011
- show total +1 counter ON/OFF beside the +1 Button
- set a target URL for the +1 Button or keep the default (the page the button is embedded)
Joomla 1.6, Version 1.0, released June 02 2011
- change size of the Google +1 Button, small, medium, standard, tall
- add custom CSS with the +1 Button
Downloading the latest Version
Here is an example on how the Google Plus One Joomla Module looks in action:
Installation for Joomla 1.6
In Joomla 1.6.x you can just install the new version as described below, there will be no conflict with an old version. In case you had one installed before.
1. Download the Module from the Link above.
2. Go to your Joomla Admin area.
3. Go to Extensions > Extensions Manager.
4. Under Install, go to Upload Package File and click "Choose File".
5. After selecting the mod_j_google_plus_one_for_j1.6.zip from your harddrive, click "Upload File & Install".
6. Go into the Module under Extensions > Module Manager.
7. Enable the Module and disable the Title. Make sure you have selected Pages it show up on.
8. Select the position and size of the button.
9. Save and you are done.